Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Yes, It's Damp, Miserable, Autumn, and Impossible, But I'm Thankful to Putting My Legs to Use and to Appreciate All the Colors of a Daily Walk

In my head, I still run, but in reality I walk, because it kills two birds with one stone and Karal also gets a walk. It's absolutely stunning out there and my favorite are the red leaves that pop amongst the yellow (even if I drag some of them indoors)(phew! Canisius Hall is a leave emporium of carried leaf debris).

Now for the raking. Or mowing - that's my strategy for leave removal on an a dry, pre-hibernal day. 

Today is Halloween and I've moved my class online because I know I can't live with myself for not handing out candy (and books) to neighborhood kids (and the buses of kids that are dropped off to treat and trick in our neighborhood). I'll do both: teach and uphold a neighborly duty of putting smiles on the faces of kids. Of course, I give out non-chocolate items so I'm not the favorite house to attend.

Now I am thinking about winter storage and how I'll need to get objects into my shed. This will require a few days so everything can dry out. I also need to bring the snow blower to the garage, which I hate because it takes up too much space (even though it's on it's last leg...well screw...but somehow continues to do what it's done since my dad found it on the side of the road.

Ah, seasons. Oh, life. Uh, the world. It'll all get done as will always need to be done today, tomorrow, and always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment