Tuesday, October 10, 2023

The Inevitable Return to Connecticut. I'm Almost to the NYS/CT Border and the Traffic Stops. 30 Miles from Home and Another Two Hours. Ugh.

This is the price we pay for living in Connecticut. Syracuse was bad because they are working on 81 (ugh), but it was smooth driving until I reached Connecticut. Thank the Great Whatever that I was listening to Bettina Love on this trip to keep my brain moving and occupied. The highway standstill, however, was simply maddening. But I eventually made it and I'm thrilled to be back on Mt. Pleasant.

The day was spent visiting with my little sister, then spending time with Malia Celine, Courtney, and Kanyea in their new house in Syracuse. Who doesn't need a baby in their life to make everything fall back into place? 

And congratulations to Chitunga who received news today that he passes the last of his CPA exams. Phew. The kid is nose to the grind and doesn't give up. His happiness is my happiness. 

But today, I need to make up for taking three days off and NOT doing what I normally do, which is all work and no play. I have to get back to the grind and rather quickly. 

Yes, I snapped a picture from my car as I sat in traffic of the Welcome to Connecticut sign. I can't be the only one who has ever done this because it's just so predictable. NYC traffic is ubiquitous in this region and it definitely is an acquired taste.

It's so much better when I'm out of it...that's for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment