Saturday, October 7, 2023

Always Cracks Me Up to See How Family Ties our Crandall Portrait is on Amalfi Drive. Didn't Plan It This Way, But All These Years Later, that's What We Have

I made it to Syracuse to enjoy the rain and dropping temperatures. I'm taking advantage of a three day weekend to take a mini-break that I never received over the summer...trying to create a wedge in the routines that never seem to end. Karal and I left Connecticut at 10, I visited with Bettina Love for most of the way, and was thankful to beat the weather. I love when it's smooth sailing. 

We had Popeyes for dinner which translated to Chinese food in Papi Butch's head as he told everyone at Chubby's about how good the Chinese Food is at Popeyes. Good thing they all know him, so they smile and get a kick out of it, too. Not sure what's going on at Chubby's either, but I'm not thinking that establishment will hang on too much longer. We'll see at Christmas. I've been saying that for years.

Something tells me today is going to be an under-the-blanket kind of day with football games and hot tea. I already have the shivers that winter is coming.

Hard to believe that we're one week out from the tooth abstraction. Story says I have another week for the healing to complete, although eating Popeyes was a step in the right direction. I've been souping all week, even though I was told solids were okay to consume after a few days. I kind of like when I'm forced to eat less and probably should keep myself off solids.

Time for coffee. Need to keep these cold bones warm today.

No comments:

Post a Comment