Saturday, October 28, 2023

Walking By A Werewolf with a Dog is One Thing, But Walking By One That Moves and Growls at You is a Whole Other Experience

When Karal jumped, I followed suit. I took her for a night walk and we went by a yard that is marvelously decorated for the season, including a sacrificial site of satanic goats and enough skulls to line a 3-mile track of the Long Island Sound. I was intrigued and was happy to pass by, but the werewolf growl did Karal in, and I have to admit I jumped, too. 

These Halloween decorations are getting crazy. I can't imagine spending so much money on lawn toys, but I have to say they are cool, clever, and engaging. 

I suppose a Hyundai car is not the most decorative addition, but they have to park somewhere.

We are experiencing a wonderful warm spell, with the final day ending this evening with 82 degree opportunities. Then, I suppose, we have to face the music that another winter is coming. 

I'm always happy to see a Friday come and go, but this Friday (yesterday), I simply wanted to get on a plane, find a beach, and stay away for a few months. I am okay with admitting, "I am burned out to the maximum level." I have to find my mojo again. Even colleagues from across the nation picked up on the reality that I'm spent. "Crandall, you're not Crandall, Crandall." Well, duh. You work where I work. You'll be spent, too.

Here's to finding optimism somehow and somewhere. When you have hope, the work is much easier. On a walk-n-talk today, I realized I'm not the only one on campus looking for any notion of good. It appears we're all feeling it.

Now I'm wondering how much werewolves get paid to scare passer-byes. I'm a harry guy....not as muscular as I could be, but I have some fright in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment