Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Giving Into New Kicks (and and a Crandall Addiction) with High Hopes for the Pre-Hibernal Weather Ahead (We Have Miles Still to Move)

I don't think Saucony shoes likes to run discounts, but last week they ran a 40% discount to loyal customers and I needed to jump on the opportunity. I am still optimistic I can return to my 30s and 40s of 50 miles a week, 10 minute miles, and so I cashed in on the hope. New kicks and a 5K already signed up for...we can tame this midlife body.

I went to the dentist. What we discovered is that I shifted to the left side to chew which triggered the left side teeth to be sensitive, especially since the removal of one wisdom tooth on the right side realigned my bite and alignment. The sharp elective shocks to my ear and eyeball were because my teeth didn't like the adjustment. My dentist then shaves my bite on left hand teeth and, well, so far so good. She tried both heat and cold to trigger my teeth, but they didn't respond. She saw no decay or inflammation so she was flummoxed by what it might be, except for grumpy teeth pissed off my a new Crandall chew. 

She may have been right because the pain shooting to my ear, cheek, and eye socket has subsided. Let's hope. 

Meanwhile, I had tortellini soup, Isaiah is home from Oberlin, and Kris & Dave invited me to dinner (in which I could bring soup). The result? An abnormal Monday meal of the century with Dave's broccoli and lamp chops. It was an epic meal in which I got to catch up on Isaiah's first semester at Oberlin and, more importantly, I got to catch up with Dave and Kris. They ground me in too many ways to document me in a post.

So, I have these new kicks...walked Karal several miles, but I know I want to run again. I'm just nervous: teeth, knees, and hernias...I'm cautious to put a pound to my stride, rather than a good, healthy walk. We shall see. I do know that when I went to campus, people quickly complimented me on my kicks, which is weird, because I have too many pairs of kicks and rarely get anyone to notice. Black with gold? Really? Okay, I will welcome such royalty. 

Here's to a couple of days of impossible. We got this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment