Monday, October 16, 2023

Sunday Can Be Summarized as Blankets, Chills, Under-the-Cover Reading, and Laying Very, Very Low

I never got the headaches, but I got the sore shoulders and chills, more than likely caused by a flu shot, a covid shot, and the shingles shot. My brain was alive, even if I was triggered by another pesky tooth most of the day, which was okay by Karal, because she got her walk and more than fair share of snuggle time on the sofa keeping my feet warm. 

I reread Ger Duany's Walk Toward the Rising Sun for the 3rd time, when I got to his arrival to Des Moines, Iowa, and was getting ready to send Chitunga a text. Alas, Ger texted me, instead. He is in Seattle, Washington, debuting Goodbye, Julia in the United States. He continues to be on a quest to educate others around the world.

I also finished grading and reread Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson for the 14th or 15th time. Now, Monday, all I have to do is prepare classes and to be sure I move thinking forward in both my classes. 

I should also admit I showered and put laundry away, which is not normal in my weekend mode and sitting in my chair writing with Crandall filth is part of my omnipotence. 

The week ahead is taxing and I'm unsure how it'll all get done, but I have faith it will because it always does. I'm also thankful that I have opportunities to work as I do in the semblance of peace afforded my Connecticut home during these tragic times. I can't help but create new questions for my global understandings and to have new worries for what will come out of it next, both within the United States and abroad, especially when righteousness and ignorance rule the day. 

And I can't help but think that in a matter of seconds, all the knowledge I've built to accrue and used to make a career can be wiped out just like that...because that is the nature of the world. We owe humanity so much more and it simply begins with each individual taking responsibility for themselves and others. If you've known love, you want to share love. Love continues to believe the only solution I've ever believed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment