Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Waking Up on Hump Day Praying It Won't Be Grump Day, Because Crandall's Mind is Stumped ,Yay! And the Week Just Needs to End

Home at 9, up at 7 to be back on campus by 9, and lots of work in-between. Don't know if I'm coming or going, what's up and what's down, but it needs to go on. I missed lunch yesterday and got dinner at 9:30 pm. Happy Happy, Joy Joy.

A 14-hour day today and then a lil' respite on Thursday, although I'm booked with back-to-back meetings.

I just want this week over already, so I can get some rest. The dental days have caught up and I need sleep (or at least to be able to get ahead of the game instead of going live with it). 

Not a lot of time to publish a post, but I have to hit the road. It is what it is, and tomorrow is another day. 

Gosh, I hope it gets better. Oh, and we ran THE WRITE TIME with Nikki Grimes live last night. Here's from an opening prompt, walking in the woods.

I am always one step behind the leaps in my head,

 walking in the what ifs, the coulds,

the should-ofs, these woods 

splattered with possibilities, promises, and unwritten poems 

step by step, a manic mind roams,

and I realize I’m simply a leaf

veined & compital in all my beliefs --- 

that such wandering will land on wondering 

the sky, the sun, and the everchanging air, 

Today, I meander aimlessly, simply because I care. 

I am always one step behind the leaps in my head, 

but for this moment I’m walking with Nikki Grimes, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment