Saturday, October 14, 2023

I Know I'm Too Young for Dentures, But Does Mid-Life Dental Issues Have to Ride Out as They Do? Because This Man is Frustrated

I woke on Friday with a sensitive tooth and a cup of coffee caused it to flare even more. Other side of the mouth where I've been chewing as I let the wisdom tooth abstraction heal. The nerves are not okay with the shift in eating and one of them is definitely exposed to hot and cold, so much so that it makes me fall to the ground when it is activated. Ibuprofin helps it to subside, but if it gets triggered it is absolutely miserable. 

And speaking of misery, it's restaurant week in Milford and we went out to celebrate. Three of us got salmon with risotto and, let's just say, after one bite we knew we couldn't eat it. It tasted like the ricotta was soaked in fish guts for a month and the smell was atrocious. I'm not one to ever return a meal, but the table unanimously decided it was inedible. We ended up with pasta dishes instead. Geez.

I spent most of the day working down a massive to-do list, absolutely keeping the irritable tooth from spitting agony to my ear and jaw. So frustrating. I just want a semblance of health sustenance for a short while so I can finish the projects that need attention, and I can move in my usual fashion. Instead, I'm like a geriatric patient in a nursing home.

This too shall pass. This too shall pass.

I miss my wood-burning stove for these Fall nights to bring heat to the routine and the fireplace smell. It's been a minute since I've chopped wood, but that's what I am thinking about this morning. This, and the to-do list, as I can't spare any more down time.

But if I have to, I will. Hello, Saturday. Why do these tooth issues always have to hit on Fridays!?

No comments:

Post a Comment