Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Whereas People Apparently are Thawing Mariah Carey for the Holiday Season, I Started Thinking About a Crandall Wish-List of Things I Wouldn't Mind Receiving

When you're an adult, if you need something you tend to go out and get it. The best gifts, I feel, is when you give someone something they probably could use, but they just never treat themselves into buying. I've been spending a few weeks thinking about the items I've been looking up and potentially putting on a list to buy, but then I talk myself out of it because there's more important things to purchase. With this noted, it doesn't hurt to share a wish-list early enough in case (cough cough, mom and sisters) are wondering what they'll do this year year. 

So, in the obnoxious world of Crandall, always at the crossroad of here and there, I am ready to share items that made my wish list. Chances are, this ADHD brain will move onto a million and other one ideas to distract me, but this morning I thought, "Why not put this into the universe?"

So I have. These items include:

  • Asian soup spoons (I don't know why, but I only have one and I can't eat soup any other way)
  • New dog-movement-wear for Karal
  • A lemon/lime squeezer for next summer's margarita season
  • Decorate lawn art (preferably a tall bird - BJs had a set of two I wish I bought, but I'm like WTH buys fake bird art for their lawn? I like it, but wouldn't indulge for myself - these remind of a couch Sue McV used to have with such birds)
  • Replacement Adirondack chairs. Mine are busted and ready for the fire bit.
  • A new corner space for my porch. I live on the Crandall chair and the springs in my back and on my ass are proof of it. It's time to go, but I need a perfect replacement. I keep looking but haven't found it yet
  • Seeds to expand my butterfly gardens. I want to have a few areas of milkweed next summer, and have luck with numerous perennials. For two years, I've planted Zinnia and Cosmos seeds and although they don't come back yearly, they look incredible when they've bloomed.
  • One or two Paddle Board Paddles. We stored them over the winter and they must have been wet with ocean water. When Abu and I went to use them this year, both paddles broke. The adjustable parts rusted off, leaving us half-paddles. Annoying, because we only used them one year
And that's the list I'm leaving Santa Clause. I'm also realizing as family is expanding and new generations are being born, it's not fiscally responsible to buy in the ways we always have for once another. We need to be more strategic as people marry and produce babies. I'm seeing the transitions, which is sad because I've loved the wild-n-out holidays at the Isgars (still hope to milk another one this year), but I'm seeing how quickly the tradition is likely to be altered (rightfully so). Nothing sits still.

Happy Tuesday. I really need to get to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment