Monday, October 9, 2023

Pimped Papi Butch Up with CWP-Fairfield Swag to Go with His 1988 CNS Northstars Marching Band Windbreaker...Stylin' CNY Style

Dining room chairs are done. They've been on my to-do list for at least 40 years. Complete. Ribs purchased at BJs. Dog walked. Blankets out. Heat turned on...not by me, but the maternal front. Too cold in Syracuse as one can typically predict. As Chitunga said of Iowa, "It's beginning to smell like winter out here." 

Indeed, it is coming, and the bones are chilled. 

I did bring materials to work on while away, but I deliberately left them in my bag. I'm sort of tired of working...actually, I'm over it. I ran into a childhood friend, Peter Boy, while home and his sister retired three years ago and was bragging about how putting an end to the work life has been a wonderful thing. I'm not there yet and Peter has a couple more years, but the thought of saying adios to a career is highly appealing. 

Actually, I have more to do, but I realize how sick our systems are and how the only people that can influence have cash that I don't. They are unlikely to hear from professional expertise because, well, it's both professional and expertise, so they'll ride with whatever cash project entices them most. So, I'm cautious about what I want to get myself into and without summers off, Indigenous Day gave us an  extra day, so WOLA! a much deserved mini-break. 

That comes to an end today, because I can't procrastinate any longer. A short-lived rendezvous is always, always much welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment