Sunday, October 29, 2023

The Moose Got Loose from Syracuse and Successfully Avoided Being Eaten by Milford Beach Zombies

I love our Saturday-before-Halloween ritual on Halloween where Leo and I choose to be festive and the others just look at us like we're fools. Last night, we celebrated with Abi's falafel in Trumbull, front row seats from the Milford Beach Zombie 5K, and an evening with good company.

It was a great day to also celebrate another Sonya Huber book at the Walnut Beach coffee shop and to get coffee from Ocean State Job Lot (for the Homefront) and even an egg bagel from Dunk'n Donuts. You'd think coffee and dough was my thing.

As for the baklava from Abi's, I can attest it's the best I ever had. So delicious and appetizing (I'm channeling Mimi Sue for such greatness). 

I also got a solid first draft of a NCTEAR presentation in Austin, Texas in 2024 - let's hope it gets accepted.

Ah, the warm weather is going to disappear and I believe rain will keep me indoors this Sunday, which I welcome with open arms, a

blanket, and fresh coffee for my pot. I'll be teaching Tuesday night's class online so I can hand out treats to the tricksters and treaters stomping down Mt. Pleasant Ave. It was a very warm night to be a moose who got loose from Syracuse and, as Pam noted, I'm built like a viking. Ripley big-boned and all, but the puff under my eyes is simply because I should probably get more rest than I do.

Karal and I also got a great walk in, having walnuts drop on our head like atomic bomb and air-launched missiles. Actually, while driving I thought a few of them might crack my windshield.

Now, the Moosehead can retire with the frog of yesteryear, as I think to 2024 and what next will come forward as a stupid costume to entertain myself for a night.

Falafel, friendship, and foolishness. This is the way I like to branch out in Crandall world and I can say that it was more fun to watch zombies chasing runners than actually being chased myself. 

Be well, world. Be well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment