Thursday, October 5, 2023

Not Everyday I Have a Snapshot from the Dean's Office, But When I Dress Like a Pumpkin (My Audre Lorde T-Shirt) I Like to Show Out

I am in love with teaching an an Honors course in Refugee Literature. The students are smart, engaged, and go beyond the call of duty to be part of the curriculum. Knowing we were reading the graphic novel, Under the Scattered Stars, I had them do a comic exit slip last week to prepare frame-by-frame thinking. I needed good lighting and cooler temperatures (it was 85 yesterday and my office was hot), so I settled in the Dean's Office for some assessment time.

The interim Dean snapped a photo for promotional purposes and I said, "Oh, so that's what this 51 year-old man looks like!" 

Sporting Sauconys and my Vicki Soto 5K flamingo socks.

Your silence will not protect you on the shirt under a sport coat. 

I see the temperature are plummeting over the next few days and probably should spend some time weeding, mowing, and trimming before the winter months come our way. I have a lunch, an on-campus interview, and some organizational items to take care of. 

Can't believe we're already in week 5 of the semester, but that's how the pace flies by. Next up, Ger Duany's Walk Towards the Rising Sun. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment