Monday, October 23, 2023

I Get to Dog-Sit This Teddy Bear in a Couple of Weeks, and I Can't Wait for the Jake Love for a Week

Two powerhouse days ahead, followed by a few weeks before Jake-a-boo arrives, after Halloween and fully ready for a canine joy fest. I spent much of my day yesterday in grant-land and, to be honest, I think StoryFest wiped me out because I don't have any energy. Warm days/cold nights = autumn exhaustion for Crandall. 

We'll see how Karal does, as she loves company, but they both have their sleep routines and compete for attention from me. Karal has been sleeping downstairs, so I don't think that will be the problem...it will be the unwinding period from 7 pm to 9 pm when Karal wants lap time and Jake simply wants to go upstairs already. 

I brought over pumpkin samosas to Pam's, which we ate with potatoes and fried peppers. Too much food for a Monday night, but I missed lunch and I was hungry. 

I cashed in my rolled coins and with the cash stopped at Trader Joe's to get dinner. That place is always busy. It must be maddening to work there with everyone shoving and grabbing as they go. They have great products, but it's a lot. 

I settled on the couch last night simply to finish a couple of books that I've been nursing, knowing my brain can't produce - only consume, and when I have great books, I don't mind disappearing.

Class tonight and all day tomorrow, but Thursday should give me space to be productive on my own projects again.

Time to make the donuts, and I'm off.

HAPPY Birthday, lil' sis. I hope you find joy in opening your gifts! Happy Birthday, Cos! It's been a minute, Mark, and we need to get together soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment