Thursday, August 10, 2023

Wondering If They'll Hatch and I'll Have a Grinchling Running Around Mt. Pleasant (or Maybe to Make Green Eggs & Ham)

I am thankful to Joanna McKenzie for providing me fresh eggs, and delivering them in a basket. After all the shenanigans of this past weekend I cleaned out the refrigerator and found a lime with the eggs. It cracked me up, only because it would be wonderful to have a green egg delivered to me.

I've been two days to the good, maintaining 12 hours of writing with a 5K walk to break the monotony. I imagine if I can keep this pace I'll actually get caught up with projects, CWP-Fairfield work, the upcoming semester, and reports. It's much easier to do my job when I'm not in front of people six hours every day, with three more hours of preparation soon after.

I have meetings today (which is a joy, because they accomplish nothing but wind) and then I'll be able to head back to work, which also includes boxing the CWP office up, because the University is claiming the space (which is really a closet) for an office. I responded I will box everything, but I'm not moving it until they find another space we can use....we have supplies for schools coming almost weekly and they need to be stored somewhere. They won't fit in my academic office, as it is stuffed to the ceiling already.

And my new blood pressure machine came in the mail, which makes me excited because I'm supposed to be measuring on the daily, but channel my mother's paranoia and would rather not.

Okay, clock. Time to hit traffic and post. Here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment