Friday, August 11, 2023

Snuck a Picture Before I Left. Celebrating Val's Last Days in CT Before New Orleans with the Wooley, Johnson, & Sealy Crew. Jambalaya. Dang. That Was One Great Meal.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the multiple changes about to occur at my friend Kris & Dave's house. The oldest is in a doctoral program, and two more head off to college next week, so that leaves just the two of them and Ish which seems like an incredible shift in home-living. I've loved their house because it is chaotic and I thrive in chaos. Actually, I love it because it is alive, intellectual, spiritual, agentive, and unique. My kind of people. 

Anyway, Dave is a phenomenal cook and last night he made shrimp jambalaya which was out of this world. I made the salad and brought smoked focaccia, but that rice dish....please. So good, and I hated I couldn't eat all they put in my bowl. This is definitely something I want to make, as I told Abu..."you left a few days too early."

The CWP Fairfield Office is officially packed up to be move to who knows where, and I met to plan classes with a colleague I'll be teaching with this Fall. I didn't make headway on my projects, but that is what the weekend is for....I write until I'm invited not to write. 

Poor Karal missed out on her daily walk because of the rain, but I'll double it up for her tomorrow. The sky couldn't decide what it wanted to be...but wet.

And here's hoping for a good night of sleep soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment