Saturday, August 12, 2023

Every Once In a While My Colleagues Can Get Me Out for Some Salsa Dancing (But I Was Really After the Dinner Because I Hadn't Eaten All Day)

Love me some Dr. Farrell and Dr. Planas time. Normally we gather on Mt. Pleasant, but they talked me into Joey C's for dinner and dancing, which was really all of Jessica's family, cousins, and neighbors who gather for good dancing two or three times a week. My stomach was not up for too much movement, as everything I eat lately triggers something new: mostly acid reflux which is a midlife curse.

I got a lot of writing in on Friday and then did a complete wash down and do-over of the little bedroom upstairs now that Edem has moved in with his girlfriend and is expecting twins this November. With Syracuse friends driving through this week, I wanted to make space so everyone has a location to sleep. 

It seemed weird, too, not to have Karal all up in the lady's laps demanding lady love, although Michelle channeled Karal's energy on the dance floor. New goal: don't eat before dancing, because that is like going to an amusement park on a full stomach. Never good. But that was my fault because I was really, really hungry and hand't eaten all day. Ah, but the air was cool, there was a breeze, and the atmosphere was superb. I lasted until 10 p.m. and, EEKS, I stiffed them for the bill. I definitely will Venmo in the morning. It didn't occur to me until I got home and I had all those mules. Bad, Bryan. Bad bad bad.

Well, here's to Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment