Sunday, August 6, 2023

I Needed a Day at the Beach, and I Got at Day at the Beach...and a Game Night Around the Dining Room Table Where the Laughter was Plentiful

Happy attempt at a normal weekend. We were grabbing subs by 10 a.m. and at the beach by 11. High tide was at 3 pm and we got much sunlight, water, relaxation. Interestingly, I slept on the couch and everyone got up before me but I didn't hear anyone. I just slept until 7 when I was ready to get up.

Phew...my goatee is getting white. 

We came home and played, "Who Can Do It," which turned into several Cynde impersonations of Bella looking like a horse caught in her collar. I'm not sure what she was doing but it was the running gag of the evening. Karal and Rocco tire one another out running around the backyard and Paradise Pizza and games tire out the human folk.

One of the challenges was to sit on another's lap and ask for five Christmas presents and, well, Abu quickly found Adamo's lap. It was hysterical, as was Cynde's on Mike's lap, and Mike's impersonation of Nikki. 

Too much food, too much fun, too much relaxation. We lucked out with the wether and I hoping it will be the same tomorrow. Abu's heading back to Syracuse and ready to kick off a new school year and soccer season. I hate losing the humor, laughter, games, silliness, jokes, television shows, conversations, and late night bonding, though. There's always a tremendous void when he leaves. The walls crave his silliness and absolute joy....Karal will, too. 

Not sure what will become of today, just that I'm waking up and letting what happens...happen. I have no plans, as I just finished 5 weeks of nonstop planning and action and I was ready/am ready for a break. Here's to another great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment