Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Looking Back to the Last Weeks of CWP Work and Remain Super Proud of Mateo Planas, Jalen Johnson, and Isaiah Johnson for What They Achieved with WRITE ACROSS AMERICA -TEENS

Last night, I shared work from the summer with a teacher and realized it is probably good to share here, too. Kel Sassi asked CWP if we wanted to take part with Write Across America-Teens with NWP and Scholastic and I had the perfect three to lead the charge: Isaiah, Jalen, and Mateo (all hired for programs with youth because, well, they attended programs for youth since their elementary school years and they are now in college). 

They did an incredible job highlighting our region, making their prompts interactive, and leading 100s of teenagers from across the country with their sharing....the Padlet is very interactive and the three prompts end with a request for you to write, too. It was really amazing, but I love the way they featured this part of the country for others to see, too.

Isaiah, pictured here, will be leaving for Oberlin College at the end of this week (hey, I remember sending the Lobb kids there, too - some of my favorites from the Brown School). I thought this would be a good time to showcase his leadership, as well as the others, as I think proudly of what they achieved over the summer. I'm also hoping the Padlet might be useful to others to think about writing in their own regions with kids.

So thankful to Kel Sassi for giving us this opportunity. 

Made with Padlet

No comments:

Post a Comment