Tuesday, August 8, 2023

I'm Not Sure If It is a Good Thing or a Bad Thing That Even Bank Employees Get Put on Hold for 90 Minutes Trying To Resolve Their Errors

It began right after Covid. A man made counterfeit checks that looked like mine and went into banks writing checks to himself and signing my name. Lucky for me, the first time one posted on my account I caught it, went to the bank to close it, and immediately went to the police. They say they rarely catch these morons, but because I was quick, did a Google Search for the guys name, brought the police the address and name of the man, and they went to the banks where he did his hustle, they made a match. He was arrested. That was then. This is now. 

Well, last week I get a call from Chase's Fraud Department telling me I owe all the money he stole and I told the lady (a) I don't trust phone calls from random numbers, (b) I'll go into the bank and deal with it there, and (c) all of this was settled 2.5 years ago. So, because you can't just walk into a bank any more, I set up an appointment for yesterday morning and went in to resolve the issue. I was there 90 minutes watching the employee get frustrated by being put on hold, transferred, and losing the calls. It is sad to think that they, too, have to deal with the same crazy as customers. The service is terrible.

Five people told him, and he told me, that it was resolved and not to worry about it, but then as he kept moving up the chain of command, one person said they weren't sure, so a manager needed to get involved. She looked over my account and said, "It's settled," but even she was unsure because there were strange remarks she didn't understand. 

Long story short, I now must wait 2 weeks for them to look into this more and to get back to me. 

I laughed, because the man at the desk was like, "I got you," but then grew more and more frustrated the more he tried to resolve the issue. He kept apologizing. I simply said, "Don't worry. Like Eeyore, I have a black cloud that follows me wherever I go." Something will get resolved - it usually does, but it is never smooth or normal. Just whacky and frustrating. I just get amazed because they are a well-financed bank and the customer service should not be this bad...even for its own employees.

But here we are. And now it's Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment