Monday, August 7, 2023

And Just Like That, Mount Pleasant Returns to Quiet, Calm, Serenity, and Stillness (and I Don't Have Any More Weeks of CWP Work). Phew.

I told my sister, there's not issue with them coming this past weekend, because it would simply continue the chaos of the last five weeks, and since I'm used to it, it's a perfect time to visit. All went well: too much food and too expensive and too many out-to-eat locations, but that was our problem. And it was delicious. No regrets.

We spent another day at the beach and that was a smart choice: no humidity, great sun, and calming winds.  

It's been a minute since I went to a diner for breakfast, but that was good, too. Abu made it safely to Syracuse, and it will be weird not having him at Mt. Pleasant, too. It's a total 180....crazy summer without a second to think about what day it is, to the stillness that will be here for quite a while. I need it to regather my thoughts and next moves. 

I know Karal has loved having a cousin dog to romp around with, especially for the long spirts and sprints in the backyard. She's definitely outsized, but she holds her own. Even so, she has calmed her disposition while company was visiting. She's been a good girl. 

Okay, Monday. We're off for another week. I think I will need 24 hours to get my bearings back. And a really GOOD night of sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment