Wednesday, August 23, 2023

It's Been an August, and Although I Haven't Gardened Like I Usually Do, I've Enjoyed the Blooms Around My Yard, Including Those Outside My Front Porch

I don't like being on my arse as much as I've been, getting the writing done that needs to be done, and getting outside for soil and weeding therapy hasn't been a top priority. Even so, this year's blooms have been extra vivid and I've enjoyed the colors as they've come forward from black-eyed Susans, irises, cosmos, gladiolas, and all types of wildflowers. I definitely want to add a milkweed collection this fall so I can bring more butterflies this way.

You know it's too much writing when you get excited to mow the lawn because it's a little too high for one's neighborly discretion, which I also accomplished yesterday.

And thank you Stratford Chinese take-out for sustaining me the last few days. I needed the smile on my face to counter the stress of the work needing to get done. 

It's already hump day, and I'm going back at it, because that's what it takes to get the work done. I suppose I never thought too hard about the labor that goes into being an academic - it never ends - but I remain appreciative to do the work for CWP and the University. It's just a lot. 

So here's to the process. May my commitment bring blooms to the world like the seeds and bulbs I plant each year. One can only hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment