Wednesday, August 16, 2023

And It's Official. CWP-Fairfield Will No Longer Be Hosted in Donnarumma Ding Dong. All Is Packed and Ready for the New Location (Still to Come)

Linda Miller took me on a tour yesterday. I got there early in the morning to pack all the boxes of books into my Subaru (the one's left over from yesteryear which were used by teacher-leaders across the State. When I arrived, CWP had a large office, a full-time assistant, and a part-time assistant. Retirements and death caused this to shrink rather quickly and although I was able to host part-time assistance for a few more years, eventually the work followed with the trend others have seen and the support simply disappeared. I had a graduate student for two years, but even that faded. And they took that office and shoved us in a closet. Now that had to be given back, too.

It is what it is. And all the materials are going to another facility, still to be determined. Actually, it was determined even before I agreed to give up the space, but no one knows where the key is. That is the email circle of the day. 

But speaking of Linda Miller, I cannot sing her enough praises. She is the administrative assistant in the English Department, but now she serves others schools in the College. She's committed, persistent, and extremely helpful. Since day one she's been a champion of CWP and she always comes to the rescue, which she did on this move and she also did finding me publications of young people I paid for. I owe her something special.

So this office above is 1/2 of the office it once was, because the other 1/2 is in my garage (from when they took the original space away). Now, we move again.

Onward. 

NWP work is abundant. We have materials, supplies, history, books, and resources that our partner schools need. Yes, when I visit sites across the nation I am jealous by the support and spaces they're provided. Ah, not so much where I am, but I can argue that I may only be one man with a passion, but that passion is rich and I'm doing great things. This is who I was before coming and who I am right now. It will be who I'll be no matter where I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment