Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Why Yes, It is a Bottle Opener Keychain with Nail Clipping Opportunities...a Germanic Apparatus to Meet Every Human Need

I will never understand why nails must grow as quickly as they do, but I'm accustomed to it, as I am the lengthy nose-hairs that come with middle age. After an inquiry from my sister, I learned that my nephew's Christmas gift is multifaceted and I'm now in possession of a perfect gift: a traveling beer opener and nail clipper in one apparatus. Ch'ching. Bonus.

I discovered this on a day of butt-widening work where I prepped, graded, and presented the 2nd class of Action Research during a winter session...lord help this man covering 15 weeks of material in two-weeks with already exhausted graduate students prepping for 2nd semester. Why, yes. I am exhausted, too, but the work needs to get done and I'll do all I can to achieve their goals. And I can cut my nails, too, although I'm bypassing bottle opening until I survive this rigor.

I have 19 students to coach towards a successful research proposal before they conduct a semester-long, action research project that will result in Capstone...their final class. I'm sweating, too. 

I didn't anticipate yesterday would be a 14-hour day, but it was. I did get to store to buy spinach, though. I figured I needed the nutrient for omelets this and next week. Also got yogurt and fruit, knowing that sitting still is, indeed, sprawling the butt that sits all day. When it rains like it did yesterday, I also know that outdoor movement is not happening. It didn't. Karal's stink-eye is evidence of that. 

Today is day two, before tomorrow's day three, and we'll get there. I am thinking about hosting an asynchronous session for this evening, so I have time to talk with students in small groups to coach them as best as I can. I'm trying to put myself in their position, and choosing optimism, humor, and support to get them through this.

The Gods must be crazy. I know I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment