Monday, January 2, 2023

It's Day One of 2023, and I Hit Up Clearance at Burlington...Think I'm Ready for December Next Year, Already. Karal's Not Sure of New Throw Pillows

Pam called and said she was going to do clearance at Burlington if I wanted to go, and I'm always up for being a cheapskate. I loaded up with numerous items for the holidays next year, picked up stuff for Casey, but am definitely keeping the glass gnome tree for myself...it will look too good with the nativity set and snowman I keep by the window....when you can do a Grannie Annie, you always do a Grannie Annie.

I've also been thinking I needed new pillows for my couch and chair, as the ones that came with the furniture thinned out really quickly, especially with Karal leap-frogging from bed to couch to bay window to my lap. I thought I needed meatier cushions and more robust colors, and I lucked out by finding the perfect ones for much cheaper than I was finding online. There's not as much room for her craziness and she's already curling up by my feet, which is a good thing.

Don't tell her, but I got several dog toys on clearance too. They're all stored away for next year...here's hoping I will be able to partake in festivities, unlike this year.

I also finished the first season of Wednesday. I believe I'm a bit OCD with my binge-watching. Once I start a show, I can't stop and have to watch it in its entirely

Chitunga spent last night in Pittsburgh, and I'm hoping I'll get to see him to tomorrow night...maybe even take him out to dinner. Gifts from my family have traveled through four states before they've come to me. It makes them that much more special, especially since there's really no greater gift than him and his Bryan-esque way of seeing all angles of the family in a year. That used to be my role.

Today's preparatory day for classes and the POW mailings to come. The books should be in this week and there are 200 kids awaiting their much-later-than-anticipated publications. 

Happy Monday, World. May this year be much, much better than the last few. 

No comments:

Post a Comment