Sunday, January 1, 2023

Welcome to Compital...the 2023 Crandall Space for Branching Out and Veining My Way Through the Foliage of Life...Year 16 of Daily Blogging

A few weeks ago, I came across the word compital, which is the word for the ways that veins branch along leaves. In Ancient Rome, Compitalia was an annual festival for the household deities of crossroads....two roads diverge in the woods...once again, I choose the ones less traveled.

Hoping they will make all the difference. 

I was actually seeing a word for bridging and connecting, when compital simply appeared. It made sense, and since it seems I'm always on the fork in the road between this or that, here or there, one way or the other, regret and promise, and self-doubt and confidence, I said, "Why not be Compital Crandall for a year?" I mean, I've been thinking a lot about how the human body is just a mechanical transport for water. The older I get, the more I realize it's also the way to move ideas and knowledge around the world.

So, this will be the space for 2023...the location for nightly thinking that gets posted the following morning (I cannot fall asleep unless I do a mental dump of what's on my mind). And what's on my mind this morning is reflections from 2022 - the annual montage. I will leave you with this on the 1st of January, 2023, and hope it becomes a year of serenity for us all.




No comments:

Post a Comment