Sunday, January 29, 2023

Made It to Syracuse and Did My Best to Serve Only Yellow Foods, as If I Was a Manager at Olive Garden. But It Was Much Better

Truth is, the trip to Syracuse was the fastest yet. I've been waiting for the chance to listen to Tiffany Jackson's White Smoke and, as usual, she nails a story like no other. She easily is one of the best writers for young adults today. I always get hooked and love the ride she'll take me on. 

And thanks to Rona, Mimi and Papi had chicken pot-pie for dinner, and I also brought some spinach-feta pirogies. I'm sure dad had a little chicken flavor underneath all the salt and pepper he added....layers and layers of salt and pepper.

I decided I'd work from CNY this week, because it is a rare 7 days where I'm not booked in K-12 classrooms and there are no meetings scheduled at the University. I figured, if I put my courses online, I'd have time to catch up a little for the Christmas time I missed. 

Karal's in doggie-heaven, too, as she always has someone on a couch to cuddle up with. She also loves being able to run with the dogs on either side of the parental units.

Today, I need to grade, read, and get ready for the week ahead...and hope to have a lil' down time while I can get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment