Monday, January 23, 2023

Met Chitunga and Leo for Dinner & Guess My Mother Would Love This Plate of Pierogis We Shared. Not Bad, Dockside. Quite Nice, Actually.

Chitunga, Leo, and I went to Dockside for dinner to talk life, adulthood, and next steps. Chitunga has been offered a job in Des Moines, Iowa, and if he takes it, he'll be moving in April. The cost of living is much cheaper than Connecticut and he's young, adventurous, and looking to his financial future knowing the salary he'd be making would go extremely far in the midwest. I knew of the 2nd interview this week, but the partners at the firm offered him the position, with a once-a-month return to NYC to work on accounts he has here. 

I've always been the one who ventures off. It feels a bit different when the adventure moves while I am standing still. It's all good. He has a life ahead of him and it will be wonderful. Now to begin thinking about the transitions. I await his commands. 

We ordered a plate of pierogis and they were delicious. It was a great to begin the conversation over beer and to share paternal, life-changing dialogue with the kid. Also was wonderful when one of his mentors, Paul Herman, showed up at our table and asked, "Chitunga?" They haven't seen each other since high school (which is almost a decade ago...so hard to believe). 

Many changes arrive really quick and I guess midlife is meant to sit back and process them all. Blink of an eye is really all we have. Zip. Zap. Zoom. The Great Whatever moves fast, and not much of it is predictable. We need to buckle up and inhale.

When I head to Louisville, people were, "huh?" - It wasn't until I did that I began to appreciate Syracuse more. Now, I have heart/soul in Louisville, Syracuse, and Connecticut. It is as it is.  We simply learn and grow as we live. I'm super proud that Ernst & Young choose Chitunga over and over again....makes me feel wonderful for all still to come for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment