Saturday, December 23, 2023

Wonderful to Be Home Where I'm a Celebrity on a Pine Grove Refrigerator That Very Few People Will Ever See (But Flattering, Always)

Karal barks at my mom who feeds her because she's barking...whatever she's eating, she shares. The living room t.v. now sits at volume 54. It was set at 42 a year ago. Naps are taken at 4 pm, and when Chitunga pays a visit to see his grandparents, he naps, too. So does the dog...so I decide to make the beef brisket to keep myself entertained. 

It was wonderful to see dad in his physical therapy and know there are good people out there that are caring, smart, interested, and kind. Joe Dicob is a great human being...patient, knowledgeable, a dedicated to his job...although like K-12 education, higher education, and once upon a time, the airlines, all roads lead to corporate greed, leaving the good workers struggling, frustrated, disillusioned by their jobs, and resentful. This is the United States. Float the cash upward to the few, while those on the bottom scratch their head wondering, "Wait. What's going on here." It is something. Joe said he's looking to get out of healthcare. Humana bought his parent company, and ever since the nurses, doctors, and workers are treated like shit. "It's not worth it any more...I have a family I have to think of." 

Sounds familiar. Working 7 days a week, 364 days a year just to maintain the work you're supposed to do because the shrink the workers to save funds for themselves. 

We all need a Norma Rae moment. 

But for this morning, I'm thinking about my fame and purpose from the GQ ad I never posed for...but on the fridgedaire of Cynderballz, I exist. 

Just makes me feel old.

Of course, my father was doing 'get out of the chair' l exercises, so I shouldn't complain too much. 

And we had lunch at Hefner's...dad, Chitunga, and me....a nice CNY lunch with a bottle of Budweiser beer. Those are the moments that sparkle most.

But today, the festivities take off. God Bless Us, Everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment