Thursday, December 28, 2023

I Know It's Time to Close a Holiday Home Stay When We Celebrate Cynderballz (from mom to Christmas to Cynde to New Year). It's About to Be a Wrap

I need to head back to Connecticut. It's been a good stay, but I need to get back to my routine, my winter session course, and to figuring out next steps for what I predict to be the craziest semester yet (I'm trying to survive...I'm trying to survive...I'm trying to survive). Cooking and caring for the parental units has been respite from the chaos of the work world, even though they keep asking me, "Are you still working?" 

Um, yes. 

But this afternoon for lunch, we'll celebrate Cyndi-Lu, Meatball, Cynderballz Isgar. We celebrated all week long as she continued to buy balls for her trees...ornaments, actually, but ones on clearance as we parted the Red Sea navigating Christmas items at 50-60% off. Funny that I make fun of all the other customers doing the same.

This year...we went pink-a-licious for her celebrations, pitching in to be sure she has good seats for Pink when she comes to the Carrier Dome next fall, now the JMA Carrier Dome. She doesn't ask for much, so when she hints at something she might like, the family jumps in (props to Nikki, KC, and Mike for spearheading this effort and for Adamo getting to work on tickets right away).

Now to figure out where lunch will come from and then night 3 of the winter session class. Last night was a big overhaul, and it's all boulder pushing upward from this point on. 

We got this. That's my motto.

It's all good, especially when we focus on the good...so Happy Birthday, Cynderballz. You got this, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment