Thursday, December 28, 2023

An Optical Illusion to Keep Them Entertained While I Drive Back to CT Listening to BRAIDING SWEETGRASS

The two weeks came to a close, as mom's sleeping in pajamas and Cynde has plant to water and mints for her breath (plus money to spend at Home Goods and a concert to see next fall). I did my 4-hour class last night, after watching dad shave on the couch (he also was upset I was eating dinner because I was teaching and kept interrupting my online class to tell me my food was getting cold - funny, because I taught from my old bedroom with he background blurred).

I saw this optical illusion the other day and am adding it to my collection for a writing workshop I do on perspectives...I like playing with the brains of young people as they mature and think they have control over their worlds and all they know....then explain me this....why does this happen?

Ah, the human eye...probably not the best for kids born blind or without fingers, I suppose. 

It's time to hit the Hulk, listen to a book, and unpack on Mt. Pleasant. I have my rituals at the end of the year (Janus...looking forward and backward) and I need to start embracing in armor for 2024. I don't predict it's going to get any better - in fact, I imagine it might get quite worse, so I want to be prepared so at least I can uphold my end of the universe. 

It's been a great stay and I'm not particularly fond of departing quite yet, but they have their routines and I have mine...poor Cynde will have to return to hers. I just hope that I gave her some sort of mini-break for all she does each and every day.

There is a lot of stuff to pack up and I'm sure I'll leave something behind (even Karal came with suitcases this year). Wishing myself safe travels and optimism with hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment