Friday, December 22, 2023

And On the 10th Day of Christmas Their True Son Gave to Them...a Burger with Onions & Cheese (on Naan Bread)(with Creamed Corn)

It's getting rather comical that my parents think I'm some sort of gourmet chef, simply because I arrange the plates differently than they do, add flavors, and introduced them to something new...like bourbon maple sauce or middle eastern bread (haven't cracked out hummus and falafel yet)(but might). 

It's actually getting routine to work in between the meals and then time it during their naps to prepare their next meal.

OMFG. Louisville...what is happening with your basketball program? It's killing me. I'll stay loyal, but I miss the days where the hype and performance kept us on the edge of our seats.

Chitunga arrived safely to CNY, but in true form to the age, the independence, and the changes in life, I didn't hear from him at all. He called 5 hours after Allysa picked him up at the airport to say they've been rock climbing, out to dinner, and that he's likely to stay in tomorrow while she teaches so he can work. Um, Karal isn't the only one excited to see him again. Mom reminded me about how rushed Casey used to be to end our Christmas so she could go to the Marleys for theirs. I forgot about those times. 

Missing from the plate photo were the tater-tots, and I'm a fan of Wegman's pre-made pepper burgers (they hold their shape and have a nice snap to them). The parental units, however, were not a fan of naan bread. They were afraid of losing a tooth because it was too chewy.  

Oh, and about the Isgar garage...that #@$@# almost cost me three fingers. I went to pick up Karal after Dylan dog-sat her (I drove my dad around to pick up things) and he was gone when I returned, so I had to go through the garage. Coming back out, however, I slammed the door shut not reading my fingers were in the crack of one of the folds.

Holy @$#@4 @#$@#$! that hurt. In the end, I think I'll keep my fingernails and the nerve damage will subside. I almost thought I'd pass out, but I held it in. But then Cynde calls me on her Nest doorbell wondering what the hell I'm doing at their house. I wanted to punch her...I was in that much pain. I'm not use to their front door being locked. Totally frustrating.

Now what will I make today? Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment