Monday, December 11, 2023

And Then There Is That Early December Day When You Learn You're Still Good for Sprinting Two Miles (Even Though It's Been a Minute)(& It Wasn't the Intention)

I've been monitoring the Weather Channel for a week and the rain was scheduled for 2 pm. When I saw it gray up at 11 a.m., I went to look at the radars. Nope. No rain until 2 p.m., so at 11:45, 2 miles from home, when the skies open up and it is a torrential downpour, you simply get drenched. Well, hello temperatures - glad you're above freezing. 

Karal was drenched, too. She sprinted with me but kept looking back to me as if, "You douchebag...let's run inside someone's garage or stand on their porch. I couldn't see and it was a wall of water, so we just ran for another 25 minutes...well, leaped through Niagara Falls. 

I had to leave Karal in the garage so I could get towels and blankets. I also wanted to turn the heater on the front porch, because after she was patted down, that's where she'd stay until she was totally dried off. I, too, tore off my clothes (shoes and socks soaked as if I went swimming in them). I ran upstairs for a hot, hot shower. I'd much prefer getting caught in a rain shower in the middle of July than having one douse me in December. 

But I'm glad my legs and lungs let me keep a good clip. I thought my hernia might explode, but she only offered a few kicks in the groin. 

Then, the rest of the day I wrote, plotted, planned, graded, organized, and gave into evening mindlessness a television to distract me. 

But now I'm driving to campus to receive boxes of POW! Power of Words, as the 10th edition is scheduled to arrive this morning and I want to get them in the mail as soon as possible. It's a days worth of work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment