Sunday, December 3, 2023

I'm on Round II of Ted Lasso. It Simply is Comfort Viewing for Nasally Hacking, Head-Aching Season on the Couch While Trying to Get Some Rest

I'm not sure if it is a cold, the flu, or allergies, but I'm tired of the dry throat, vacant cough, ears plugged, and horrible aches transitioning out of November into December. I'm hearing from others that it is a misery that just lingers and can't be shaken. I'm napping, sleeping, resting, and going slow, all because I don't want to carry this with me to Syracuse, but just as I feel like I'm getting to my ol' self, she comes back to whack me on the head.

I'm so thankful for Ted Lasso for bringing me comfort. I got back into it again when Chitunga was home for Thanksgiving and, drat, my addiction was started all over again. This time, viewing is even better as I binge watch episode after episode and hear one-line zingers that I never heard the first time through (like Beard's response when they were talking about mommy issues. A simple Qanon says everything...brilliantly relatable and humorous). 

Hoping for more down time this Sunday to get my energy back. One more week of classes then the chaos for the holidays and a winter session course. I am just happy with my soups, blankets, box of Kleenex and a remote. 

Ted Lasso is just a show that gives and gives and gives, always with a slight emotional tug of the heart which makes it extra special. I'm almost out of There-flu and I've exhausted my Mucinex. I'm guessing this all simply means allergies, allergies, and allergies. I've lived with them my whole life and I simply wish I'd outgrow them. 

Nope. Instead, a crusty, sniffling, and irritable nasal passage as always. (Quit your belly-aching Crandall and just get better)

No comments:

Post a Comment