Sunday, December 17, 2023

Well, Syracuse. We're Home. Stopped to Get Gas & Karal Asked If She Could Drive the Rest of the Way. I Sad No, and the Whining Began

As soon as Karal knows we're almost to Mimi & Papi's, she has this light whimper that gets louder and louder and louder as we get closer and closer and closer. By Caughdenoy Drives, she's in full cry-mode. She loves being on Amalfi Drive - all the attention, relatives, free food, and commotion. Yes, the parental units are sort of low key, but all the guests keep her excited. 

I'm late to the game, but listened to Braiding Sweetgrass on the way up (just 11 more hours to go). It actually made the five-hour trip an absolute blink of an eye. At first I was thinking, "wha wha wha," because it sounded familiar to other texts I've read, but the originality and craft soon cooked in and I'm interested. The voice finally came forward. 

And my sleigh was load. I told Chitunga, "If you were with us, I'd have to tie you on he Subaru's rack." Packing them in, driving them forward, and unpacking them in 'Cuse made for a true-to-the-excessive-nature-of-Christmas day for me. An now another week. 

No snow yet, either, in Syracuse. I actually drove under a 58-degree day. It was beautiful, especially in the hills of 17. 

81-construction in the 'Cuse, however, looks to be a few years of hell. Welcome to the new Binghamton. 

Okay, Sunday. Time to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment