Monday, December 18, 2023

Cleaned & Pedicured...24 Hours of Parental Care on Amalfi Drive (and a Good Texas Volleyball Champtionship)

First step: shaving the paternal figure, cutting off a 4 inch mustache of thick, course hair, shaving his face, and getting the white puffs buzzed on the scalp. I did such a good job that it inspired him to take a shower, which is a huge win, and I already anticipated a long battle each day before Christmas.

And we salvaged Mimi Sue's toe. It was a close call. Casey was playing with Karal when we heard a scream from the kitchen (but we're accustomed to screams from every room). It was the, "Kids....help," that was a follow-up trigger that something really did happen. She somehow knocked a knife off the counter and it stabbed her big toe. Blood everywhere. 

"I don't do mom's feet, Casey. This one is all yours.," I demanded, working from behind the chair we sat her. "God damn it, I don't do her feet either, but I'm taking this one for the team."

I text Cynde anticipating she'd say, "I'll be writer over." Instead I get, "Not my problem. It's your turn this time."

That's why I made a fake severed toe I held on ice in the refrigerator (potato with skin-tag and ketchup for full effect.

Mom made me throw it out. It's too bad, because with all the deliveries this week it could be fun to share with all the Amazon drivers. "Hey, want to see my mother's toe."

Seriously, mom made a pork roast (delicious) and dad looks 25 years younger after the haircut and shower. Not a bad first 24-hours on Amalfi Drive. Even got a walk in. And Cynde did come over with Mike so he could see us all on our cellphones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment