Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Proud to Bring 10 Years of Young Adult Literacy Labs and Teacher Institutes to Publication @Fairfieldu @CWPFairfield (Literacy Excellence through @WritingProject Work)

It's the end of the semester, and I'm happy to announce that the 10th edition of Power of Words (POW!) arrived to campus yesterday from the publishers. This is the 10th year of investing in Connecticut educators and youth in the National Writing Project tradition, and I couldn't be more proud than to see another round of teacher and student excellence delivered to the mailboxes of phenomenal youth and educator writers. It is a decade of best practices in teacher excellence and I couldn't be more proud of the phenomenal people who have made our work what it is.

I am very excited about this year's rendition, because it was influenced by Ralph Fletcher, Jessica Singer Early, and Gholdy Muhammad, and we had nothing but phenomenal educators investing in the work of a stellar program. I am forever grateful for the full slate of teachers I hire and the families who put their all to the excellence of their student writers. 

It's a little mind-blowing to me to see a decade and over 1,500 writers having their words in print, all the result to scholarship, investment in teacher professional development, and a culmination of the dedication, focus, drive, and hard work of K-12 educators across the state and the funding organizations that allow it to be what it is. 

I am Brown School. I am the result of many people who invested in me, and I am thrilled to highlight the excellence of literacy scholarship and what is possible. The evidence has been set in print. The rest is for me to articulate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment