Monday, December 4, 2023

Well, I Left Louisville in 2007 and 16 Year Laters (Three Moves, too), I Finally Went Through My Closets to Get Rid of Clothes I Haven's Worn in Years

Actually, I felt like I was playing the game of visiting Mom and Dad. It's actually therapeutic to rid items from yesteryear and to clear way for junk of the future. The truth is I have 11 years of Run 4 Refugees and 10 years of Vicki Soto race-wear and I honestly can wear that for 21 days straight, but it's not in my common attire. Just when I'm running, which I haven't been (and I thought about as I cleaned ... it's not spring, but I was thinking about a reset and trying to run again). Then Harvey decided to throb and let me know, "If you run, Crandall, I'm totally letting these intestines out from under your nuts." 

Hernia reality. With a crotch of a 90 year old, it will never go away.

But it was good to pile up clothes that I haven't touched in a decade to simply say, "There's no reason to hand onto any of this anymore. You departed with old sneakers last year (that was hard), so now it is time for clothes (especially dress shirts, because I haven't worn a tie in years...I used to wear one every day). 

Old Skool.

I also had several t-shirts where the pits were so stained that I believe they're worthy of a scientific study. I mean, it was caked deodorant, dirt, and sweat. That was life for several, several years. Why keep such attire if I'm not going to donate it to the Mayo Clinic? 

Finally, I wrapped books for my students this semester. I figured the last two boxes that arrived since Halloween can be paid forward so kids can start their own libraries. I'm a dinosaur now. Bring on the next generation. 

Oh, and I make my cake, cake, but turned it over too soon and it crumbled apart not holding its shape. Need to return to another attempt before I head to work, but first an eye doctor appointment and hopefully a long walk with Karal. Yesterday was an absolute wash.


No comments:

Post a Comment