Friday, June 9, 2023

Who Cares If It Was a Thursday? The Dinner Was Long Overdue and I'm Thankful for the Friendship

I took Pam and Shirley to the Dive Bar in West Haven yesterday so they could have a burger at one of Chitunga's favorite locations. It was unusually quiet but that was likely because there's still a slight smog hovering in the air. The Brussel sprouts and maple bourbon Manhattans were superb, although I'm not a fan of drinking out of a Martine glass. They're too delicate and flimsy. I prefer bourbon glasses (and on ice).  It was a nice celebration to tip glasses for Shirley's birthday, Pam's kindness for driving me to and from Tweed airport, and that I accomplished as much as I did yesterday. Hoping to do the sam today.  

I felt the air was good enough to take Karal for a long walk, but it did dry out the back of my throat. It's very annoying. At least my nose isn't running like it was during the pollen bonanza the past few weeks. Every box of tissues in my house was empties. 

Today, they're calling for rain and I really hope we get it. It's way to dry for this time of year and even with a few downpours earlier this season, we haven't had enough rains to soak the soil. 

June really is my favorite month. For years, I'd miss out on it for numerous reasons: teaching in Denmark, taking summer courses, or doing summer school. I love the warm days and cool nights. It's a perfects time of year when it's San Diego for four weeks. 

TGIF. Hope you find peace and serenity this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment