Monday, June 5, 2023

And That's a Wrap, Nashville. I Tried to See More of You, but Instead I Accomplished a Few Universes in My Apartment Before Having One Last Dinner

Okay. Truth is I did get out for a length hike in the morning hours before the heat got too severe. I went up and down the streets trying to look on to what I've yet to see and know, but mostly I just wanted to sweat and go several miles in my Sauconys. When I came inside to cool down, I immediately began doing Sunday phone calls and catching up, but also setting out a recorded digital plan for the week ahead. It's hard to believe, but we only have two weeks left of the summer Capstone left. 

Around 7 p.m, I finished grading and getting the course set up, so went out for one more dinner (a salad with chicken) and a couple more Old Fashions. It is true. Nashville does a spectacular job with those. I actually sat at a bar with two women from New Hampshire, and a couple from Massachusetts. She was a bartender and he was a convict, but he turned his life around and now he owns a canine-service for police stations. He was also a dwarf which made for fascinating conversation as he talked as if he represented the lollipop guild. Good man. They were both here with only one mission, which they repeated several times over dinner....to get @##$#@ up. They must have had 140 tattoos between them. 

My flight doesn't leave until after 1 pm, so I have time getting to the airport. I've definitely overspent my allotment for work-related trips, but what can I do? Nashville got super-expensive and eating out (downtown) was never cheap. 

I just want to make it back safely, to thank Pam for picking me up, and to return to Karal who I know must of been neurotic while I was gone. I put it out of my mind so I could accomplish what I did while in Tennessee, but it really bothers me to leave her behind. She's a good dog, and she's definitely attached to me at the hip. All reports have been positive and the dog-sitters have been wonderful sending photos and accolades of her behavior. 

Of course, when I returned to Mt. Pleasant tonight, I immediately need to get online with a graduate course. Here's hoping for smooth travels. At least it is a direct flight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment