Monday, June 19, 2023

Thankful for Shirlz Who Caught Me at the Exact Right Time After Lawns were Mowed & Dogs Were Walked. "Can I Take You to Lunch?" Well, Yes

After a four-week Capstone and grading, I just wanted to hide in a putz-around-the-house kind-of-day. I wanted to weed, fill in some holes in the ground, and trim...dumb stuff with dirt, but Shirley caught me at exactly the right time and before I knew it was showering and in her Jeep heading to Little Pub on the Sound. We lucked out with a parking spot, a table, and with ordering exactly the right food. I got Ahi-Tuna in a wrap and she got Ahi-Tuna tacos. It was beyond delicious. We walked along the sea wall, caught up on the craziness, and then she announced she was kidnapping me to go to Bev & Leo's and to hear a band at Stonebridge, where Pam also met us. It made for a great day....unexpected, eventful, and fun. 

Karal is sighing thinking, "I wanted Father's Day to be all about me." 

Well, Karal, you didn't get me a bourbon blackberry smash like Shirley did.

It's also the time of the year that the sun is warm, but the air is cool, blowing down from Canada without smoke. It got really warms from time to time (forecasting to July), but then the sun would go behind a cloud and it was really nice again....even cool. 

Of course, today is a holiday for the University so, really, I can do all the items I neglected yesterday without feeling too guilty. 

I do look forward to getting dirty with the yard work, though. I love spending time outdoors, even if it makes the dog nervous that I'm outside with her, but not absolutely focused on her needs. 

If only all Mondays could be free from working. I'm a huge champion for 3 to 4 day weekends every week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment