Wednesday, June 21, 2023

We Only Found a Pebble of Sea Glass and the Winds Made for a Cold Hike, But It Was Wonderful Spending Time with Rich & Kristen Along the Water

This is the first year of many that CWP-Fairfield and Weir Farm National Historical Park don't have a grant to run our Reading Landscapes & Writing Nature workshop for teachers. We've receive the grant 5 times, so maxed out. Even so, we keep gathering to find new ways to bring our work forward and to celebrate a passion all three of us have: the outdoors, art, learning, and educators. 

Had I a jacket, I believe I might still be on the water, but it got cold really fast. I vaguely remember some summers like this in Syracuse. I'm not complaining, but it doesn't see to be at the temps we're usually having at this time of year. In fact, my windows are still open. 

I worked from campus in the morning - GHOST LAND - and then met them in Lordship in the afternoon. 

We almost needed blankets...it was biting. 

A few meetings in the morning, a retreat on Thursday (we've retreated so many time, I don't even think there's any Pawns left on our Risk Board), and Friday is rather open. We shall see what shall come, Shelly. 

In the meantime, I'm just thankful for outdoor time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment