Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Papi Butch's Already Wearing His Father's Day Attire (Which Arrived Rather Early...the Rest of the Stuff Will Get There Eventually)

One more graduate class. One more 4-hour graduate class on Wednesday night, and then it's a grading and no planning for two weeks. I can hardly wait. Meanwhile, mom asked if I sent dad a new t-shirt and I asked for a photograph. Indeed, I did. As predicted, he immediately put it on. I'm hoping it's a lot cooler in Syracuse than it is here, because long sleeves are too much with the humidity that arrived today before the rain. 

I should have splurged and paid another $10 bucks to have Poppy replaced with Butch. But he's been Poppy (Papi) for a few years now, so that works, too. 

Also spent last night getting assigned graduation duties for Stratford Schools (Isaiah and Val), including The weekend party. I'm on hot dog and salad duty. I was paid via lamb burgers and spinach for dinner many days in advance.

I'm actually excited for the rain that came, but wished it stuck around for the day hours. I want to look out at a washout, as sunny days are too appealing. 

Nose to the grind today - need to get as much grading done as I can. The bigger projects are not their ways and that will be 400+ pages in reading. I want weather to not tempt me outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment