Thursday, June 22, 2023

Well, Jerry Cut the Hair. I'm a Super Fan and Ready for @LBility and His Big Day Next Week. Now to Get @CWPFairfield Ready for July and Make a Syracuse Trip

The life thing flies by a little more quickly than I ever anticipated it would. I am still driving an Explorer full of kids to indoor soccer games and practices, coaching the collegiate process, and mentoring towards adulthood, and then WOLA! Adulthood arrives in full force! 12 years ago today, in fact, the squad graduated from Nottingham High School (and it doesn't seem possible....those four years of high school were the snap of a finger, but then there was college, the twenties, and now....

The comical, wonderful, creative, and joyful Lossine is getting married. I couldn't be happier.

So, I got my haircut, and am putting the stress of University to the side for a short while so I can be in there to celebrate his happiness. I'm also looking forward to catching up with Rhiannon who will accompany for the wedding ceremonies.

I am inhaling and exhaling central New York air as I type...in Connecticut, but I can pretend, can't I? It's going to rain here all day, so it will feel like Syracuse.

This morning, I head off to faculty retreat #234324.3AFWOT to find out next steps for my own department, and I put bows on summer program, bringing forward a 10th year of CWP-Fairfield restructuring and programming. 

I love the National Writing Project and its mission and will carry forward the torch for as long as I can....one that was created partially with Abu and Lossine's help when we changed the formatting for teacher institutes and youth programming. They were just puppies...now they're adults working in schools themselves....in Syracuse.

I can't wait to see them, but have a week and some change until I do.

Thursday. I see you. There is a day ahead, indeed. Great Whatever....I hope you are seeing all of us, too. We need you, as the world spins just a little faster than I'm used to. And I want the hair to look just right. Ha ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment