Sunday, June 11, 2023

It Doesn't Happen But Once or Twice a Year, but When My Party Colleagues Come By for Dinner and Salsa, We Make Things Happen

Karal should sleep well today. Why? Well, Michelle and Jessica stopped by, and then Beth came over, and bottles of wine were consumed & Alexa went wild with Salsa music. My hips and thighs can't keep up any more, especially after eating honey glazed and garlic pork loin and potatoes. Still, the food was delicious and the company was superb, so Karal had her pick of women to nibble on as they dance. 

Complimenting my green sweatshirt that I was wearing inside out was far from a compliment, considering I've been wearing it since my junior year in high school...my comfort attire for when I'm settling at night.

I really do love hosting and entertaining, and I especially like cooking, especially on June days when it's 50 degrees at night. I like the host role, too, because then I don't over-indulge because I'm too busy keeping the kitchen cleaned and the guests fed. 

Okay, Sunday. I really do need a day of rest because I'm too old for the party circuit. I tried, but I'm wiped out. I'll likely wake up on Monday wondering, "What happened Saturday night?"

Great to have good friends, though, to get my mind off of work. Everyone made it home safe and that is most important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment