Monday, June 12, 2023

Jake Wants Everyone to Know that Walnut Beach Days are on the Horizon and Patio Furniture is Out for Tequila and Barbecue

I set a goal to finish Sunday work by 4 pm. I finished a chapter, I washed my car inside and out, I did my laundry, and I caught up on CWP emails. From there, I obliged to take part in a leftover Sunday, bringing whatever I could scrounge in my fridge to be combined with the contributions of others. It was a nice medley where each of us got a plateful of something (and joked we'd probably have to stop for fast food on our way home). 

Jake was in his element. He's back in full, black and white Zoolander mode, modeling his regality on the porch furniture. He loves having the sun rays worship him. 

Karal was also on her best behavior and was too tired from salsa dancing last night to bother anyone. She found another cushion and lounged about Jake-style.

It's hard to taste the calmness of Sunday, because they will only grow more alluring as the summer months come forward. Soon, the gazebo bands will begin to play and the water will be warm enough from frolicking. Yesterday was a foreshadowing of all still to come (hopefully with a fresher and more robust menu). 

A busy week ahead for graduate programs in my department (at least for a college of mine and I who once again stepped up to teach important classes). 

There will be more than one 14-hour day this week, but that is par for the course and I have faith we all got this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment