Sunday, June 4, 2023

All the Times I've Been to Nashville, Yesterday Was the First Time I Ever Did the Country Music Hall of Fame Museum (I Think that is What It Was Called)

When we finished work Saturday afternoon, we looked for food, got ransacked by weekend crowds, and found ourselves in the Country Music Hall of Fame Museum which I enjoyed much more than I thought I would - mostly because of the videos reminding me of childhood shows like The Dukes of Hazards and features on Johny Cash and Dolly Parton. Actually, there was a Kentucky bluegrass exhibit and music that made me choke up. After all, a large portion of my life was spent in the state. I'm definitely a northeast sort of dude, though, who enjoys the ocean, drastic seasons, and cooler temperatures. I'll take 95 traffic over Nashville crowds, any day.

Today, every one else departs and I am booked for one more night for a plane that leaves on Monday. That's the price I paid for the price I paid. The airlines only flies on Wednesday and Mondays to and from Nashville from New Haven. It's okay. I plan to spend the day in absolute office mode getting the week ahead set up. 

I'm thankful that the humidity didn't match the 95 degree temperatures; otherwise it would have been miserable meandering around the city. I forgot about the soundtrack to O' Brother Where Art Thou and how good the homage to this region really is.

And yes, the Parlor donuts are lethal. I'm very, very glad there's not one of these in Stratford or anywhere near my home in Connecticut. I need to turn that sweet tooth off as soon as possible.

Here's to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment