Wednesday, June 14, 2023

And 32+ Hours Later, The Graduate Capstone Course is Complete (Couldn't Help Snapping a Photo of How One Student's Slides Coordinated with My Assessment Attire)

From 4:30 to 8:48 p.m. I sat on my porch and listened (assessed) incredible research projects from my graduate students who finished a five-month action research project with the inquiry projects they created last winter. I assigned them to each attend 2 hours, but I stayed for all four, knowing that is my role and that my inner-geek really digs what they learned with their studies. 

Mom will critique the bow tie, but I wanted to show respect for the hard work and when Keyla put forth a slide, I said, "Hey, that slide looks like my attire and background." Photography taken. Wusah!

I knew I had to sign up for the research sequence when I considered the outstanding class that was finishing up this semester. They were engaged, motivated, hard-working, and passionate. I wanted to match such enthusiasm. 

But now I grade. I'm ahead a bit because many sent their work early, but I still have to focus, get the work read with feedback, and enter grades. 

There's a lot to be said about this sequence, including that the majority of students not only student taught and completed EdTPA, but also presented a substantial research project. It feels good to be at their helm, albeit absolutely exhausting. 

Still I'm proud. Onward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment