Saturday, June 10, 2023

Welcoming the Clearer Skies and Thinking a Little More about the Town I Live. Happy Saturday, Universe.

Yesterday, I met Kathy and Mike at Dockside to unwind their K-12 school year and the fact I have one more week of this graduate course in June. As I was looking out the window, I thought how weird it is to live on the Devon/Stratford border, to have the Housatonic River flowing into the sound, to have the craziness of I-95 on the bridge, and then the Metro North buzzing through. So as I sit looking at boats, I'm also looking at the Boston/NYC madness, and seeing trains. If a Sikorsky helicopter flew by, that would finish the scene. 

Ah, Dockside is a restaurant of all restaurants. Perfect location, huge capacities, and on the very spot where rivers, meet rails, meets concrete, meets gasoline. It has an ambiance. 

Also, so wonderful to be able to breathe again outside. The fresh air and clear skies are mightily welcome.

I'm glad we have a weekend and I'm now curious of what I will be able to do with it. I have my to-do list, and that's always fun to ignore (even if I shouldn't)

No comments:

Post a Comment