Monday, March 20, 2023

This Ought to be an Interesting Week. Yep, It's Monday, the Calendar is Full, and I Need to Get My Mojo in Check to Make It Through

Breaks are interesting. They're not really breaks, except the obligations to colleagues and students subside for a week so you can do all the other work on the docket that you hardly ever have time for: grants, reports, CV updates, publications, grading, organization, reading, and actually taking time for a dinner or two or three or seven. 

Ah, Monday, I see you. And I feel you, too, knowing I need this coffee to kick in so I can get out of this house and into the office as soon as possible. 

The good news is the temperatures will be more tolerable than they were yesterday. Back to the boulder Sisyphus and to you, Bill Murray, for more Groundhogs Day. 

I'm just hoping to learn that what I did accomplish this week will have me further up on the mountains than if I chose to hide away and do nothing for a week (albeit it tempting).

But why I am waking up today wanting a nap?

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock. 

Ah, the adult life we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment