Friday, March 17, 2023

The Soup Days Are Coming to an End: Bluer Skies, Warmer Air, Crocuses Creeping, and Daffodils Dancing. It's Definitely Mid-March

It's finally Friday of a productive week, and I'm delighted to be invited over for French onion soup after a day in the office, writing (polishing), and getting ready to hit send on another project. Chitunga is safely back home, although he's heading to Syracuse for a bon-voyage tour, and I'm heading into the weekend anticipating grading, planning, and angst for the return of students (no one but academics know the joys of having a break from teaching and the incessant meetings that suck the lives out of us). 

We're moving away from the stews, chili, sauces, and breads of the winter months into the barbecue realities of spring, summer, and fall. I can't wait to fire up the grill again. 

And it's lighter a lot later, our bodies are adjusting to day light savings time, and we'll be pulling our lawn mowers out before we know it. Of course, now, the sump pumps are splashing the thawing soils as I write.

Thank God It's Friday, although I wish it was the Friday before we were given location to take it easy for a while. I'd love to be starting next week with where I am right now, only to know that I have another 7 days ahead to relax the brain and rest the body. I suppose such rest will come one day. 

Here's to the weekend, although I know my nose must get back to a different grind. I've enjoyed the one of the last week...I only wish there were more days like this. 

Inhaling. It's about to rally take off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment